12.19.2009

Overheard On A Trip To Talkeetna

Motel Roommate #1:  "The sign outside says "No Pets on Premise."
Motel Roommate #2:  "What does that mean?"
Motel Roommate #1:  "You can't tell any stories about your dog while in this room."

Young Professional Woman:  "Did you ever sleep with one of your interns?"
Young Professional Man:  "No, of course not!"
Young Professional Woman:  "If this was 20 years ago you totally could have."
Young Professional Man:  "Yeah, Linda Tripp really ruined everything."

Guy at Bar #1: "Is that Kid Rock?"
Guy at Bar #2: (without hesitation) "Yes."

Guy standing outside of that same bar after it closed: "I'm not big on technicalities, but everyone rocked tonight."

Guy at Brunch #1:  "I can't believe how much I drank last night. Thanks for filling in some of the blanks."
Guy at Brunch #2:  "No problem, Memento."

"After watching my wife go through labor, I finally understood why more women wouldn't have sex with me."

"You know how math equations sometimes use parentheses?  My friend invented that."

"My dad coined the phrase "Hostess with the mostess."

2 comments:

Ms. Apgar said...

we were in line at the movie theater and we overheard this conversation and immediately thought of you:

20-year-old boy: That looks like a wife-beater (referring to her tank top)
20-year-old girl: It is, but why do they call it a wife-beater?
20-year-old boy: Because Eminem wore them.

Hope you had a great holiday and and that we get to see you soon!

B-Dice said...

Nice! Please keep your ears open and keep sending me anything else you hear.

Hope to see you soon too.